Sunday, August 28, 2011

Girls

So we have been talking quite a bit lately about what the kids were like when they were babies and young. My memory is fading as there is just not enough brain cells left after 16 children for normal daily activites and remembering details from the past. I have been relying on this blog alot to tell the boys what fun things they did as babies. I know I will run into this again when the girls get a little older so I thought I would write a bit about them now for future reference.
They both love their toe nails painted and Jess calls them cutes. She always notices mine and wants hers done. Annie loves "twirly" skirts or dresses. We had a major come apart the other week when the dress I selected for her to wear was not "twirly" enough. While she was crying I dressed Jessica and then told her how cute she looked. She promptly told Annie she was cute. That made the crying worse as now Annie thought I didn't think she was the cutest. Talk about drama. We are now clear that crying and fit throwing make you Not Cute. But girlies who smile and are sweet are cute and there is not a contest on cute..... I am in trouble for the future I think.
Jess loves to sing. In Sacrament meeting she will sing along every time we sing...... we can't understand a word but everyone can hear her. Annie loves to sing too. She is getting really good at learning the words. She will hum and lead if she can't remember the words. At bed time she likes to delay going to bed by singing her primary songs. She knows mom won't shush her when she sings them.
Jessica is more of a climbing dare devil than Trever was. She is all over the place. My house was Trever proof but Jess seems to find a way to make more messes than I can get to in a day.
Annie has had her hair cut now twice by Joseph. Fortunately he only cut a little and it was easily hidden, but he really did a number on his own. It was down to the scalp in several places. He got the shortest buzz on record for all three boys.
Jessica loves Annie and wants to be a big girl too. She is constantly stripping completely to go potty...... it would be great if she knew what she was doing and was potty trained now, but no, we go sit on the potty for 10 min. wipe for 5 min. get dressed and then promptly wet or poop in the diaper.
Annie is my helper and is the easiest. Jessica can find and get into my make up or markers in a heart beat. If it is quiet she is into something. Annie likes to follow me around doing what I do. They are growing up and I am almost out of the baby stage. That comes with some relief and some sadness.

No comments: