Thursday, June 19, 2008

Best Friends

Most of you know how crazy scared of dogs Joseph was. At the sight of even a small dog out the front window, Joseph would cry and be afraid. When outside with one in sight, he would litterally crawl up my leg and scream about the dog eating him. Well, today Joseph asked if he could go outside to pet the doggie. I said yes, and for over an hour I watched him gate off his garden and talk and pet and play with the dog with her chew toy. I finally decided that I couldn't get a good pic through the blinds, so I went out to find a very hot boy and a very hot dog. So I let them come in and Joseph wanted to give the dog a treat for being so good. And you can see what he did.

Shaddow sat when Joseph said, and took the treat nicely right out of his hand. Now Trever on the other hand .... I just can't get him to understand that he is the one teaching the dog to treat him like a big chew toy. I think some weird part of him kind of likes it. I just hope they will both grow out of it before someone gets hurt.

4 comments:

amber said...

Oh those pics are so cute! I can't believe how far Joseph has come.......looks like he was never scared of a dog before!
Congrats on the 11 years of marriage. In the 11 years you guys have been married you have had so many life experiences it amazes me! You both are great people and obviously are stronger than you think! We love you guys lots and will see you for the 4th of July!

Jennifer said...

That is just So Cute! I'm glad he got over his fear of dogs. It looks like a fun puppy.
Also congratulations on your 11 yr anniversary.

Laurie said...

My kids are so afraid of dogs, especially my girls. I keep thinking that I need to get a dog just to help them get over their fear but I'm not sure I'm ready to take care of one more family member just yet. I'm so impressed with how well your little guy is doing with the dog though. That is so great.

Our Unique Family said...

Congrats on 11 years... we love are men!! Joseph is too cute and he is huge and has some long legs.. he going to be a giant! I think that shadow is going to end up being josephs dog. I love you and think you are just great I miss you and your boys... Your new appliences look very nice in your kitchen nice job! I love you April