Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Poll

Ok, I only have a minute..... a messy diaper is calling. It is amazing what I will answer. : ) Anyway, I am starting to get my Holiday baking scheduled. I want to know who out there likes Grandma Mencl's Christmas Bread. I admit, I hated it when we were growing up, but I really have been craving it lately. So I am making some this year. If you don't respond to this poll, you might end up with some when you don't like it and you may not get any when you really would like some. I am also excited to make Grandma Thueson's Olympia creams, and of course a Pumpkin roll. I think this year I will be making Pinwheels, and Christmas Star cookies as well. So anyone who wants to come baking with me come on over and do let me know your favorites so I can include them in your packages.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

5 comments:

The Bartschi Family said...

I will take Olympia creams in my package!!!
Do I get a package?

amber said...

well of course I'm in for christmas bread. I too hated it growing up but now crave it come Thanksgiving time and throughout the whole winter season!!!!! Should we plan to meet at mom's so she can help us with the complicated process??? Or we could even meet at their house when they're in Hawaii to leave them a loaf for when they return? HMMM.....some thoughts.

Unknown said...

I've always been so jealous because you guys got to see Grandma so much and now I am even more because what the heck are olympia creams? How did I miss that one?

Our Unique Family said...

hey hey I am a blogger and you haven't even checked out my blog, so now who is the neglegeted one. well I know we have talked but I want olimpia creams and I want some pinwheel cookies.

Jennifer said...

Hey,
Sounds like you already went and baked the bread!! Was it a blast? How about all of the other goodies? I haven't gotten around to doing them yet. But I think that we will have to try out our hand at the olympia creams this year again and I also want Grandma's recipe for the chocolate covered cherries. Homemade are so much better than the stores.