Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Texas

Some of the highlights (completely out of order) were watching Brinton and Ami play at their basketball games. Watching Brinton brought back strong memories of Terry. They look alot alike. Listening to Mom and Dan cheer brought back memories too and I was only embarrassed a couple of times. : ) The Temple was beautiful. The kids were so well behaved, not just in the temple but during our entire stay. I really just can't say just how impressed with the kids I am. I know they were on their best behavior for guests, but I am very impressed.
The spirit was very strong in the Temple, but I felt it throughout the weekend and in the Taylors home. It makes my heart glad to have another family blest with the experience of adoption. I could get all weepy and doctrine here but suffice it to say I consider this experience a great blessing to Patrick and Ashlyn and mabe even more so to everyone else involved. Thank you all for letting me be there.
Ashlyn and Hannah are the "two little girls" They are full of life and energy. Ashlyn is catching up and is such a pretty little thing. She is a sponge just soaking up all she can and has a sweet spirit about her. Hannah is a live wire. Her excitement for life is contagious and hard to keep up with. She is loving and so happy. Ethan is a handsome young man. He is a big helper and is so smart. Patrick is eager to please and do what is right. He loves to give hugs and be helpful. Connor is growing up so fast. He is very helpful and is so good at sharing and teaching by example how to treat others. Ami is such a beautiful young lady. She is a little mother and takes good care of the house and her little sisters. She is so responsible. Brinton is funny and helpful. He sounds just like his dad. None of the kids complained or refused to help or do something that was asked of them.



I had a fabulous time in Texas. Great family, great relaxation, great new place to see, and pretty good weather considering what I came home to. Jenny, Dan, and family, Thank you so much for your hospitality. I miss you each already. I wish Texas wasn't so far away. hoping to visit again sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

First, thank you for coming down. It really meant a great deal to us. We all had such a wonderful weekend. Thank you for posting. We all wish you all lived closer. Hopefully the whole family can come in the summer.
LOTS of LOVE JEN